A range of grants are available to assist South Australian organisations support their volunteers and deliver important services in the community.
Office for Volunteers grants
The following grants are provided by the Office for Volunteers to the South Australian volunteer community:
- Volunteer Support Fund
The Volunteer Support Fund provides grants of up to $3,000 to help community based, not-for-profit organisations to support their volunteers. The grants support community organisations to provide training and resources for their volunteers.
- Volunteer Training Grants
The Volunteer Training Grants program provides grants to help eligible South Australian volunteer resource centres, councils, training providers and not-for-profit community groups to deliver free training for volunteers, which meet the needs of the local community.
- Youth Volunteer Scholarship Awards
Youth Volunteer Scholarship Awards provide scholarships of up to $3,000 to reward young South Australians, aged 25 years and under, who volunteer their time and talents to help others in the community.
Australian Government Volunteer Grants
Funding to provide support and recognition for volunteers is available through the Department of Social Services Families and Communities Programme (Strengthening Communities).
Grants are to support the ongoing delivery of services or one-off projects and activities to encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
The purpose of the grants is to:
- provide support and recognition for volunteers
- maximise and promote volunteering participation, including opportunities to increase the diversity of volunteers and the ways in which people volunteer
- maximise opportunities for volunteering to provide pathways to other forms of social and economic participation
- support the development of a volunteering sector that is responsive to emerging trends and issues
- encourage/maximise leadership, mentoring and volunteering activity
- provide on-the-ground support and information for volunteers and volunteer-using organisations in locations where there is identified need
- provide access to the resources and support volunteers and volunteer using organisations need to operate effectively and efficiently, and
- build effective volunteering practices and opportunities within organisations and communities.
Further information: visit the Department of Social Services website.
Community Benefit SA grants
Community Benefit SA (CBSA) grants provide one-off project funding to incorporated, non-government, non-profit, charitable and social welfare organisations to develop and strengthen communities across the metropolitan, rural and remote regions of South Australia. Grants aim to improve the community participation, life management skills, well-being and quality of life of disadvantaged individuals, families and communities.
Multicultural Grants Scheme
Multicultural SA's Multicultural Grants Scheme aims to increase understanding, improve equity and tolerance, increase participation and celebrate and value cultural diversity in our community. Funding of between $2,500 and $20,000 is available for festivals, projects and events, community development and media promotion.
Office for Recreation and Sport grants
The Office for Recreation and Sport provide a range of grants and scholarships to help organisations and individuals to provide high quality active recreation and sport facilities, programs and activities.
Tools for finding grants
Visit the South Australian Government's Grants for community organisations webpage to find a range of databases, search engines and contacts, which help you find out what grants are currently available.