A range of grants are available to assist South Australian organisations support their volunteers and deliver important services in the community.
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) has simplified the application process for its one-off grants programs to make it easier for community organisations to apply for grants.
The application form for the Volunteer Support Fund and the Volunteer Training Grants have changed and are now managed as part of Grants SA. Please visit the Grants SA website for more information on grants to support volunteers.
If you have any queries, please contact the Grants Team on 1300 650 985.
Office for Volunteers grants
Youth Volunteer Scholarship Awards
Youth Volunteer Scholarship Awards program provide scholarships of up to $3,000 to reward young South Australians, aged 25 years and under, who volunteer their time and talents to help others in the community.
Applications open from Wednesday 15 June until Friday 22 July 2016
Previously funded grant recipients of the Volunteer Support Fund and Volunteer Training Grants can be found here:
Australian Government Volunteer Grants
Funding to provide support and recognition for volunteers is available through the Department of Social Services Families and Communities Programme (Strengthening Communities).
Grants are to support the ongoing delivery of services or one-off projects and activities to encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
The purpose of the grants is to:
- provide support and recognition for volunteers
- maximise and promote volunteering participation, including opportunities to increase the diversity of volunteers and the ways in which people volunteer
- maximise opportunities for volunteering to provide pathways to other forms of social and economic participation
- support the development of a volunteering sector that is responsive to emerging trends and issues
- encourage/maximise leadership, mentoring and volunteering activity
- provide on-the-ground support and information for volunteers and volunteer-using organisations in locations where there is identified need
- provide access to the resources and support volunteers and volunteer using organisations need to operate effectively and efficiently, and
- build effective volunteering practices and opportunities within organisations and communities.
Further information: visit the Department of Social Services website.
Multicultural SA Grants
- Stronger Families, Stronger Communities grants - to address priority needs and issues within culturally diverse communities. Applications for this program are currently closed.
- Infrastructure grants - to facilitate the construction of minor infrastructure projects, or the upgrade, extension or enhancement of existing infrastructure. Applications for this program are currently closed.
Office for Recreation and Sport grants
The Office for Recreation and Sport provides a range of grants and scholarships to help organisations and individuals to provide high quality active recreation and sport facilities, programs and activities.
Tools for finding grants
Visit the South Australian Government's Grants for Organisations webpage to find a range of databases, search engines and contacts, which help you find what grants are currently available.