Young Volunteer Scholarships
Volunteer Scholarships for young South Australian – Applications now open!
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) is calling for applications for the Young Volunteer Scholarships which recognise the time and energies of young people who volunteer in the community.
Successful applicants will receive up to $3,000 towards the cost of course fees or textbooks for courses at university, TAFE or a registered vocational college.
To be eligible for a Young Volunteer Scholarship, the applicant must be:
- aged 25 years and under
- a permanent resident of South Australia
- currently studying, or have been accepted to study, a tertiary or vocational qualification with an institution in Australia
- a current volunteer in their community.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- current involvement in volunteering
- history of community participation and volunteering
- personal motivation
- demonstrated interest in the community and continued volunteering
- benefit of scholarship to the individual.
Scholarship funding payment
DCSI will notify all applicants in writing about the outcome of their application in September 2017. Scholarships will be paid in October 2017.
Applying is easy
- Read the Young Volunteer Scholarships Guidelines
- Preview the form
- Complete the online application form. Make sure you highlight your current and previous volunteering commitment and contribution to the community. Ensure you also include a signed letter from the Chief Executive Officer, President, Chairperson or Secretary of your volunteer organisation and details of your current or intended course of study.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 21 July 2017
For more information, please contact the Grants Team on 1300 650 985 or firstname.lastname@example.org